GREEN-PRUNING VINES AND EATING PAELLA IN PRIORAT
Would you like to be a vineyard gardener for a day? In the spring, grapevines expand their foliage rapidly turning the place into a green garden, full of twigs and leaves. It certainly creates a lovely view, and still needs some tidying up… And after a good while pruning the vines, what could be better than a delicious traditional meal to recharge the batteries? Would you like to savour arròs de tros (a type of paella) from Priorat?
Well, now it’s time to green-prune the vines in Priorat… Have you ever heard of this? Sounds like pruning, but done when the vineyards are lush green. It’s a crucial vineyard hands-on activity that consists in preserving the best vine twigs towards the grape ripening and culling all the others. Would you like to learn how to green-prune a vine in a great company and eat arròs de tros (a traditional Priorat paella)?
From Gratallops (DOQ Priorat) and Falset (county capital), we’re inviting you to enjoy an exciting vine-and-foodie activity: green-pruning vines and eating paella.
Save the date on 2, 8 or 9 June (Friday , Thursday, and Friday) in order to enjoy Priorat’s striking scenery and learn how to prune vines.
Thus you’ll be able to learn how to do this fun farming task! You won’t toil green-pruning the whole plot, you’ll rather master the techniques while enjoying in the lap of nature. The master class will be rewarded by a wine tasting and a paella lunch at the Mas Trucafort restaurant.
Place: Gratallops, DOQ Priorat, and Falset
* 10.30 – 11 am – meet-up at Celler Devinssi
* 11 – 11.30 am – guided walk to the vineyard
* 11.30 am – 1 pm – green-pruning activity and wine tasting
* 1 – 1.30 pm – walk back to town, possibility to purchase wine at the cellar door
* 1.30 – 2 pm – drive to Mas Trucafort (Falset)
* 2 – 4 pm – paella lunch at Mas Trucafort.
The master class and wine tasting will take place outdoors. (N.B. In case of strong wind, the wine tasting may take place at the winery.)
* Standard rate: 50€ per person (VAT included)
* Grapevine adopter rate: 45€ per person (VAT included)
The price includes:
* master class and wine tasting
* paella / arròs de tros lunch (see the menu below)
The booking should be made via our online shop.
If you are interested in another date for scheduling this activity during the month of June, please contact us to arrange it.
IMPORTANT: Please advise in case of dietary restrictions.
You need to bring good walking shoes (low difficulty), comfortable clothes (hiking), a summer hat, sunscreen and water.
We look forward to seeing you in the Priorat, a rural area to reconnect with nature, good wines and good food.
ARRÒS DE TROS / PAELLA MENU
* Varied grilled vegetables with Romesco sauce
* Mussels grilled in a tin
* “Arròs de Tros a la cassola” (paella cooked with rabbit, ribs, mutton, snails and artichokes)
Dessert: to choose between:
* Cake made at Mas Trucafort
* Mel i mató (honey on curds)
* “Music” dessert (nuts and dried fruit) with sweet wine
Water and bread
Disclaimer: Wine, coffee and other beverages are not included; all extras are to be paid directly at the restaurant.